GlobalRecycler.com – A Global Marketing Group Company – Global Recycler
As millions prepare to head back to school, Waste Management is offering parents, students and educators practical tips to make this school year more sustainable by reducing, reusing and recycling right, both in and out of the classroom.
Back to school season is the perfect time to incorporate eco-friendly practices into our daily routine that can have a lasting positive impact on the environment. We can all do our part to make this school year the greenest ever.
Tips to earn an A+ in sustainability this school year include:
- Ditch those disposable bags and pack lunches in reusable containers
- Make the grade by purchasing school supplies made from recycled materials
- As you make room in the closet for all the latest back to school fashions, consider donating unused items to a local charity
- When upgrading to the latest computer, tablet or phone, recycle your old device properly or consider donating it to a local non-profit – electronics should never be placed in the trash or recycling
- Place clearly marked recycling containers in common areas at school, home and work
- Make sure you know and teach others the three basic rules of recycling, both in and outside the classroom:
1) Recycle bottles, cans and paper
2) Keep food and liquids out of the recycling
3) Keep plastic bags out of the recycling
You can also check out this short video from the Waste Management of Southern California team:
Be a recycling ambassador all year round with resources from Waste Management. Visit RORR.com.