RecyclePlast Asia in Bali on 13-15 November, 2019 takes stock of Asia’s plastics recycling infrastructure, brandowners’ efforts to meet recyclability targets, innovations in recycling technology for hard-to-recycle plastics and more.
BALI, Indonesia, Oct. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Centre for Management Technology (CMT)‘s RecyclePlast Asia opens on 13 November, 2019 with a Circularity Tour – including visits to Serangan Beach (for overview of ocean plastic waste problem and meet local hero community), SMP Wisata Sanur (a school linked to waste management education) and meeting Waste pickers community in Tohpati Denpasar. The tour concludes with a visit to Danone-Aqua’s Recycling Business Unit in Tohpati Denpasar.
The main summit will delve into Chemical Recycling Technology to Convert Mixed Plastics Waste into Virgin Quality Polymer — highlighting prospects in Asia — by Carlos Monreal, President & CEO, Plastic Energy. In another session, Klaus Wohnig, Managing Director, APK shares details about Newcycling® — their innovative alternative to chemical recycling technology.
Also contributing as speaker is brandowner – Volvo Car Corporation presenting how it is achieving 25% recycled plastics target, especially its challenges in sourcing waste for new vehicles and specifications for recycled plastics in high-end auto applications.
Key experts in Plastics Waste Management from Asia joining the summit with insights on improving recovery rates, upgrading waste collection infrastructure, separation and dedicated deposit systems and regulations are —
- Indonesia – The Indonesian Plastic Recycling Association (ADUPI)
- Taiwan – Da Fon Enviromental Technology Co.
- Philippines – Philippine Alliance for Recycling and Materials Sustainability (PARMS)
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), the program also includes sessions on:
- Developments in Food Grade rHDPE – Visy rPLASTICS
- Solving ocean plastic on the frontline with Project STOP – Systemiq
- Recycling beyond China & the impact of the Basel changes – thriving in a disrupted market – Fosimpe SL
- Enzymatic Green Tech Solutions to Degrade Plastics Waste – Taraph Technologies
- Sustainably sourced & biodgradeable smart water soluble polymer (PVA) to make soft flexible plastic films – Hydroplast
- Biodegradable packaging made from starch – PT Intera Lestari Polimer (Enviplast)
- Upcycling hard-to-recycle plastics to outdoor furniture – Replas
View event agenda or contact Hafizah at firstname.lastname@example.org | call +65 6346 9218 for more details.
RecyclePlast Asia is held in conjunction with 9th Asia PET, Polyester & Recycling on 13-15 November, 2019 in Bali.
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20191015/2611017-1