CMT’s 9th Asia PET, Polyester & Recycling Summit — on 13-15 November, 2019 in Bali — delves into PET recycling, regulations, recovery rates, waste collection infrastructure, use of recycled plastics and polyesters in branded merchandize and more.
BALI, Indonesia, Oct. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Centre for Management Technology (CMT)’s summit starts with a Circularity Tour to Serangan Beach (understand ocean plastic waste problem and interact with local hero community), followed by visit to SMP Wisata Sanur (a waste management school) and finally a tour of Danone-Aqua’s Recycling Business Unit in Tohpati Denpasar.
Day 1 features Corine Tap, Senior VP Aqua Indonesia/ Danone Water SEA, Danone Aqua sharing – ‘Journey towards Zero waste by 2025 and how we intend to achieve this’. Plus, regional plastics waste management experts highlighting initiatives on improving recovery rates, upgrading waste collection infrastructure: Indonesia – The Indonesian Plastic Recycling Association (ADUPI); Taiwan – Da Fon Enviromental Technology Co.; Philippines – Philippine Alliance for Recycling and Materials Sustainability (PARMS).
Other topics covered include:
- Has the PET over investment cycle been reached? – Wood Mackenzie
- Status of PET Recycling in Indonesia – PT Polindo Utama
- Expanding PET recycling capacities in Japan to catch up with increasing demand – Kyoei Industry Co.
- Developments in Thailand’s packaging regulations in preparation for use of rPET for food contact – Food & Beverage Industry Association
- Infinite recycling of PET: An innovative technology moving towards industrialization – Carbios
- Optimising rPET content for brandowners – Visy rPLASTICS
Day 2 features Nexant‘s session on ‘Bracing for China’s massive PX capacities — Can Asia’s downstream PTA — Polyester fiber markets absorb the new supply’.
IKEA of Sweden and IKEA Purchasing Service share how it is moving away from virgin fossil towards recycled polyester in textile applications while H&M Indonesia presents on ‘Accelerating towards a sustainable fashion industry’.
Also contributing at the summit organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), are:
- Jeplan – PET / Polyester Chemical Recycling Technology
- ASM Mills – Upcycling Garment Waste and Used PET bottles to Close the Loop for Textile Production
- Waste 2 Wear – Circular solutions for the textiles industry
Viscotec that is hosting a Networking Cocktail Reception also joins as an exhibitor along with Chang Woen Machinery and Tomra.
View program. Email Hafizah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6346 9218 for details.
9th Asia PET, Polyester & Recycling is held in conjunction with RecyclePlast Asia.
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20191015/2610980-1