The Worcester County Environmental Community Agricultural Network (WE CAN) will host a re-use and recycling event this weekend, where residents would be able to drop off all sorts of reusable, recyclable items for free, and for a small fee in the case of electronics and appliances.
The event will take place at the grounds of Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University (201 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536), and here’s a summary of the items, fees, and conditions:
- Small electronics and appliances such as Christmas lights, personal computers, printer, home audio, VCR or DVD player, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, vacuum, for a $10 fee each.
- Larger electronics and appliances such as monitors, TVs, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, and small fridges for a $20 fee each.
- Mattresses for a $30fee each, box spring is an additional $30 (only dry beds are accepted, not waterbeds).
- Styrofoam will be collected for free (only #6 white, no food containers or packaging peanuts and free of stickers and tape).
- Gently used books, CDs/DVDs, and video games will be handled for free, but not accepting encyclopedias, legal publications, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, or magazines, periodicals.
- Clothing and textiles will be received for free (clean, dry, and odor-free) to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation and Project New Hope MA. Including used clothing and textiles, shoes, purses, wallets, belts, sheets, curtains, pillows, tablecloths (holes and rips okay).
- For the Cummings Veterinary Medical Center at Tufts University and local animal shelters (label Animal on the bag), bring clean, old, worn towels and blankets. Free of charge.
- New or like-new craft and office supplies (no binders) will be donated to The Great Exchange, free of charge.
- Fluorescent bulbs of a maximum of four feet, and packed safely. Free of charge.
- Ink and toner cartridges will be collected for free.
- Button cell batteries (taped the top and bottom) for free.
The event will be held on Saturday, January 11th, from 10 AM to 1 PM. All fees must be paid in cash. For more information, the Shrewsbury Post invite you to visit the official WE CAN website.